The Heavenly Child In Stature Grows ~ Lyrics
1. In stature grows the heavenly child,
With death before His eyes;
A lamb unblemished, meek and mild,
Prepared for sacrifice.
2. The Son of God His glory hides
With parents mean and poor;
And He who made the heaven abides
In dwelling place obscure.
3. Those mighty hands that stay the sky
No earthly toil refuse;
And He who set the stars on high
A humble trade pursues.
4. He before whom the angels stand,
At whose behest they fly,
Now yields Himself to man’s command,
And lay His glory by.
5. Jesu, the virgin’s holy son,
We praise Thee and adore,
Who art with God the Father One,
And Spirit evermore.
Meter: CM. Lyricist: John Chandler (1806-1876) from Lyricist: Jean-Baptiste de Santeul (1630 – 1697). Public Domain.
Tallis’ Ordinal ~ Recording
- Tune: Tallis’ Ordinal, composed by Thomas Tallis (1505 -1585). Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2016 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Click Here to Download