Redeemed by Him, and then re-stored,
Keeping the death of Christ the Lord.
In memory we share this food,
The bread His flesh, the wine His blood.
Take, eat, and now remember Him,
His body broken in our stead,
In full forgiveness, ’til He come,
Share in the breaking of the bread.
Then as we take the cup of wine,
His life-blood shed to set us free
Deeply we drink from draught of pain,
His blood was shed for you and me.
Our sweet communion, Three in One,
By mercy, through his grace, we meet
To share in this memorial feast,
Then praise and worship at His feet.
Words Copyright © 2006 Colin Gordon-Farleigh, used with permission.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. The track may also be found on various online music systems, which can be used for downloads if they are listed in the section below. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
Buy a PDF SATB Score
- Tune: Old Hundredth
- Meter: LM
- Usage: Communion, Eucharist
- Style: Reformation German
- Composer: Louis Bourgeois (c.1510 – 1559) a tune from Hymnal: Genevan Psalter, (1551) created under the supervision of Publisher: John Calvin
- Lyricist: Colin Gordon-Farleigh (b. 1943)
- Church Year: General
- Music Public Domain
- Lyrics Copyright © 2006 Colin Gordon-Farleigh, used with permission.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2019 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900042
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music etc. Click Here.