See Also Recording for Organ
Meter: 86 86 Extended
1. O for a thousand tongues to sing
My dear Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my God and king,
The triumphs of his grace!
2. Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
That bids our sorrows cease;
‘Tis music in the sinner’s ears,
‘Tis life, and health, and peace.
3. He breaks the power of cancelled sin,
He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest clean,
His blood availed for me.
4. He speaks; and, listening to his voice,
New life the dead receive;
The mournful, broken hearts rejoice;
The humble poor believe.
5. Hear him, ye deaf; his praise, ye dumb,
Your loosened tongues employ;
You blind, behold your Saviour come;
And leap, ye lame, for joy!
6. My gracious master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honours of thy name.
Lyrics by Charles Wesley (1707 – 1788). Public domain.
Available from MobileHymns.org
- Tune: Lyngham, composed Thomas Jarman (1776 – 1861), Public domain. Arrangement for Brass Band © 2018 Richard M.S. Irwin.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard M.S. Irwin. All rights reserved. IRSC UKTU21900202
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. The track may also be found on various online music systems, which can be used for downloads if they are listed in the section below. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Click Here to Download
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.