1. O for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my god and King,
The triumphs of his grace!
2. Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
That bids our sorrows cease;
’Tis music in the sinner’s ears,
’Tis life, and health, and peace.
3. He breaks the power of cancelled sin;
He sets the prisoner free.
His blood can make the foulest clean;
His blood avails for me.
4. He speaks, and, listening to His voice,
New life the dead receive,
The mournful, broken hearts rejoice,
The humble poor believe.
5. Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb,
Your loosened tongues employ;
Ye blind, behold your Saviour come,
And leap, ye lame, for joy.
6. My gracious Master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honours of your name.
O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing : Recording
- Tune: Selby, composed by Alfred James Eyre (1853 – 1919). Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright © 2017 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.
O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
- Year A Advent 3
- Year B Epiphany 2
- Year B Easter 6
- Year B Proper 9 Ordinary 14 Trinity 5
- Year B Proper 17 Ordinary 22 Trinity 13
- Year C Advent 3
- Year C Proper 3 Ordinary 8
- Year C Proper 6 Ordinary 11
- Year C Proper 29 Ordinary 34