O Jesus I Have Promised Wolvercote : Recording
Other settings of O Jesus I Have Promised
- Tune: Wolvercote composed by William Harold Ferguson (1874 – 1950). Copyright © Oxford University Press. Recorded with permission.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2020 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900173
O Jesus I Have Promised Wolvercote : Free MP3 DownloadClick Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
The music used in this recording is in copyright and a Licence has been obtained to create it. A Limited Online Music Licence (OLE-00000028561) has been obtained to allow you to download the music services for use in services of Divine Worship. Please Contact Us.
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®. Please contact us if you wish to use the recordings other than for use in divine worship or for personal use.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list.
O Jesus I Have Promised : Lyrics
1. O Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me, my Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle if Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway if Thou wilt be my Guide.
2. O let me feel Thee near me! The world is ever near;
I see the sights that dazzle, the tempting sounds I hear;
My foes are ever near me, around me and within;
But Jesus, draw Thou nearer, and shield my soul from sin.
3. O let me hear Thee speaking in accents clear and still,
Above the storms of passion, the murmurs of self will.
O speak to reassure me, to hasten or control;
O speak, and make me listen, Thou Guardian of my soul.
4. O Jesus, Thou hast promised to all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory there shall Thy servant be.
And Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end;
O give me grace to follow, my Master and my Friend.
5. O let me see Thy footprints, and in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly is in Thy strength alone.
O guide me, call me, draw me, uphold me to the end;
And then in Heaven receive me, my Saviour and my Friend.
O Jesus I Have Promised : Streaming Services
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music etc. Click Here.