Jesu The Very Thought Of Thee (St Agnes) : Recording
Other settings of Jesus The Very Thought Of Thee
- Tune: St Agnes (Dykes), composed by John Bacchus Dykes (1823 – 1876). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC: UKTU21900105.
Jesu The Very Thought Of Thee (St Agnes) : Free MP3 DownloadClick Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®. Please contact us if you wish to use the recordings other than for use in divine worship or for personal use.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list. Please also follow us on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
Jesu The Very Thought Of Thee : Lyrics
1. Jesu, the very thought of Thee
With sweetness fills the breast;
But sweeter far Thy Face to see,
And in Thy presence rest.
2. No voice can sing, no heart can frame,
Nor can the memory find,
A sweeter sound than Jesu’s Name,
The Saviour of mankind.
3. O hope of every contrite heart,
O joy of all the meek,
To those who ask how kind Thou art,
How good to those who seek!
4. But what to those who find? Ah! this
Nor tongue nor pen can show;
The love of Jesus, what it is
None but His loved ones know.
5. Jesu, our only joy be Thou,
As Thou our prize wilt be:
In Thee be all our glory now,
And through eternity.
- Lyrics from Saint Bernard of Clairvaux (1091 – 1153), translated by Edward Caswall (1814 – 1878). Public Domain.
- Meter: CM.
Jesu The Very Thought Of Thee : Streaming Services
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.
jesu the very thought of thee lyrics, jesu the very thought is sweet lyrics, jesus, the very thought of you, jesus, the very thought of thee meaning, bernard of clairvaux