I Will Sing The Wondrous Story : Lyrics
Alternative settings of I Will Sing The Wondrous Story
1. I will sing the wondrous story
Of the Christ who died for me.
How He left His home in glory
For the cross of Calvary.
I was lost, but Jesus found me,
Found the sheep that went astray,
Threw His loving arms around me,
Drew me back into His way.
2. I was bruised, but Jesus healed me;
Faint was I from many a fall;
Sight was gone, and fears possessed me,
But He freed me from them all.
Days of darkness still come o’er me,
Sorrow’s paths I often tread,
But the Savior still is with me;
By His hand I’m safely led.
3. He will keep me till the river
Rolls its waters at my feet;
Then He’ll bear me safely over,
Where the loved ones I shall meet.
Yes, I’ll sing the wondrous story
Of the Christ who died for me,
Sing it with the saints in glory,
Gathered by the crystal sea.
- Lyrics by Francis Harold Rawley (1854-1952). Public Domain USA. Words from Baptist Hymnal, 1991.
- Meter: 87 87 D.
I Will Sing The Wondrous Story : Recording
- Tune: Hyfrydol, composed by Rowland Huw Pritchard (1811-1887). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2022 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900490.
I Will Sing The Wondrous Story : Free MP3 Downloads
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Lectionary and Other Uses
- Lectionary Year A
- Year A Lent 4
- Year A Palm Sunday – Liturgy of The Palms and Liturgy of The Passion
- Year A Proper 23, Ordinary 28, Trinity 18
- Lectionary Year B
- Year B Epiphany 5
- Year B Palm Sunday – Liturgy of The Palms and Liturgy of The Passion
- Year B Easter 4
- Year B Proper 11, Ordinary 16, Trinity 7
- Year B Proper 24, Ordinary 29, Trinity 20
- Lectionary Year C
- Year C Lent 4
- Year C Palm Sunday – Liturgy of The Palms and Liturgy of The Passion
- Year C Proper 19, Ordinary 24, Trinity 23
- Year C Proper 25, Ordinary 30, Trinity 19