Christ, whose glory fills the skies,
Christ, the true, the only light,
Sun of Righteousness, arise,
Triumph o’er the shades of night;
Day-spring from on high, be near;
Day-star, in my heart appear.
Dark and cheerless is the morn
Unaccompanied by thee;
Joyless is the day’s return,
Till thy mercy’s beams I see;
Till they inward light impart,
Cheer my eyes and warm my heart.
Visit then this soul of mine;
Pierce the gloom of sin and grief;
Fill me, radiancy divine,
Scatter all my unbelief;
More and more thyself display,
Shining to the perfect day.
Christ Whose Glory Fills The Skies (Heathlands) Download.
- Tune: Heathlands, composed by Henry Thomas Smart (1813 – 1879). Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2017 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
Lectionary and Other Uses
- Morning Prayer
- Year A Christmas 2
- Year A Epiphany 3
- Year A Epiphany Transfiguration Sunday
- Year A Proper 23 Ordinary 28 Trinity 18
- Year B Epiphany 3
- Year B Proper 23 Ordinary 28 Trinity 19
- Year C Advent 2
- Year C Easter 3
- Year C Epiphany 2
- Year C Epiphany Transfiguration Sunday