Christ Is Made The Sure Foundation Lyrics
1. Christ is made the sure foundation,
Christ the head and cornerstone,
Chosen of the Lord, and precious,
Binding all the Church in one;
Holy Zion’s help for ever,
And her confidence alone.
2. To this temple, where we call thee,
Come, O Lord of Hosts, today;
With thy wonted loving-kindness
Hear thy servants as they pray,
And thy fullest benediction
Shed within its walls alway.
3. Here vouchsafe to all thy servants
What they ask of thee of gain;
What they gain from thee, for ever
With the blessèd to retain,
And hereafter in thy glory
Evermore with thee to reign.
Laud and honor to the Father,
Laud and honor to the Son,
Laud and honor to the Spirit,
Ever Three, and ever One,
While unending ages run.
- Lyrics from Urbs Beata Jerusalem (c.7th century), translated by John Mason Neale (1818 – 1866). Public Domain
- Meter: 87 87 87.
Christ Is Made The Sure Foundation Recording
- Tune: Westminster Abbey, composed by Henry Purcell (1659 – 1695) and arranged by Ernest Hawkins (1802- 1868). Public Domain.
- Performances ℗ 2020 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. UKTU21900200
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
Lectionary And Other Uses
- Lectionary Years A, B and C
- Lectionary Year A
- Lectionary Year B
- Lectionary Year C
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.