Lord Enthroned In Heavenly Splendour : Lyrics
1. Lord, enthroned in heavenly splendour,
First begotten from the dead,
Thou alone, our strong defender,
Liftest up thy people’s head.
Jesus, true and living bread!
2. Here our humblest homage pay we;
Here in loving reverence bow;
Here for Faith’s discernment, pray we
Lest we fail to know thee now,
Thou art here, we ask not how.
3. Though the lowliest form doth veil Thee,
As of old in Bethlehem,
Here as there Thine Angels hail Thee,
Branch and flower of Jesse’s stem.
We in worship join with them.
4. Paschal Lamb, Thy offering, finished
Once for all when Thou wast slain,
In its fullness undiminished
Shall for evermore remain,
Cleansing souls from every stain.
5. Life imparting Heavenly manna,
Stricken rock with streaming side,
Heaven and earth with loud hosanna
Worship Thee, the Lamb who died,
Risen, ascended, glorified!
Lord Enthroned In Heavenly Splendour : Recording
- Tune: St Helen, composed by George Clement Martin (1844 – 1916). Public Domain
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900178
Lord Enthroned In Heavenly Splendour : Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music etc. Click Here.