Hymn – O love that wilt not let me go – Lyrics
1. O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.
2. O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.
3. O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
4. O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Saint Margaret
- Meter: 88 88 6
- Style: Victorian Hymn
- Usage: General, Funeral, Passiontide, Lent
- Composer: Albert Lister Peace (1844 – 1912)
- Lyricist: George Matheson (1842 – 1906)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright © 2011 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.