Hymn – Drop, drop, slow tears – Lyrics
Drop, drop, slow tears,
and bathe those beauteous feet,
which brought from heav’n
the news and Prince of peace.
Cease not, wet eyes,
his mercies to entreat;
to cry for vengeance
sin doth never cease.
In your deep floods
drown all my faults and fears;
nor let his eye
see sin, but through my tears.
RecordingsThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, please follow us on SoundCloud and Facebook. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Song
- Meter: 10 10
- Composer: Orlando Gibbons (1583 – 1625)
- Lyricist: Phineas Fletcher (1582- 1650)
- Church Year: Lent, Passiontide, Good Friday
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2015 Richard M S Irwin, Certain rights reserved.