Almighty Father Of All Things To Be : Lyrics
1. Almighty Father of all things that be,
Our life, our work we consecrate to thee,
Whose heavens declare thy glory from above,
Whose earth below is witness to thy love.
2. For well we know this weary, soiled earth
Is yet thine own by right of its new birth,
Since that great cross upreared on Calvary
redeemed it from its fault and shame to thee.
3. Thine still the changeful beauty of the hills,
The purple valleys flecked with silver rills,
The ocean glistening ‘neath the golden rays:
They all are thine, and ceaseless speak thy praise.
4. Thou dost the strength to worker’s arms impart;
From thee the skilled musician’s reasoned art,
The grace of poet’s pen or painter’s hand,
To teach the loveliness of sea and land.
5. Then grant us, Lord, in all things thee to own,
To dwell within the shadow of thy throne,
To speak and work, to think and live and move
Reflecting thine own nature, which is love;
6. That so, by Christ redeemed from sin and shame,
And hallowed by thy Spirit’s cleansing flame,
Ourselves, our work, and all our powers may be
A sacrifice acceptable to thee.
Almighty Father Of All Things To Be : Recording
- Tune: Chilton Foliat, composed by George Clement Martin (1844-1916). Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2016 Richard Irwin Music®, all rights reserved.
Almighty Father Of All Things To Be : Free MP3 Dowload
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list. Please also follow us on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.Click Here to Download
The following are suggestions for Sundays and feast days when this hymn might be sung. Please feel free to contact us, if you have other suggestions.