Ye Holy Angels Bright ~ Lyrics
1. Ye holy angels bright,
Who stand at God’s right hand,
Or through the realms of light
Fly at you Lord’s command,
Assist our song, or else the theme
Too high doth seem for mortal tongue.
2. Ye blessèd souls at rest,
Who ran this heavenly race,
An now, from sin released,
Behold the Saviour’s face,
God’s praises sound, as in His sight
With sweet delight you do abound.
3. Ye saints, who toil below,
Adore your heavenly King,
And onward as ye go
Some joyful anthem sing;
Take what He gives and praise Him still,
Through good or ill, Who ever lives!
4. My soul, bear thou thy part,
Triumph in God above,
And with a well-tuned heart
Sing thou the songs of love;
Let all my days till life shall end,
Whate’er he send be filled with praise.
Darwall’s 149th – Recording
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 3
- Tune: Darwall’s 149th, composed by John Darwall (1731 – 1789) and harmonised by : William Henry Monk (1823 – 1889). Public Domain
- Lyricists: Richard Baxter (1615 – 1691) and John Hampden Gurney (1802 – 1862)
- Performance ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.