Also see version for Organ
- Tune: Jerusalem
- Meter: DLM
- Style: Early 20th Century
- Church Year: Remembrance Sunday, Church Year: Weddings
- Composer: Charles Hubert Hastings Parry (1848 – 1918)
- Lyricist: William Blake (1757 – 1827)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2012 Richard M S Irwin Certain rights reserved.
RecordingsThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance Copyright ℗ belongs to Richard Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. Click Here to Download
Hymn – And did those feet in ancient time – Lyrics
Walk upon England’s mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen!
And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold:
Bring me my Chariot of fire!
I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In England’s green and pleasant Land.