Ye choirs of new Jerusalem,
Your sweetest notes employ,
The Paschal victory to hymn
In strains of holy joy.
For Judah’s Lion bursts His chains,
And crushed the serpent’s head;
And brought with him, from Death’s domains
The long imprisoned dead.
From hell’s devouring jaws the prey
Alone our Leader bore;
His ransomed hosts pursue their way
Where Jesus goes before.
Triumphant in His glory now
His sceptre ruleth all;
Earth, Heav’n and Hell before him bow
And at his footsteps fall.
While joyful thus his praise we sing,
His mercy we implore,
Into His palace bright to bring
And keep us evermore.
All glory to the Father be,
All glory to the Son,
All glory, Holy Ghost, to Thee,
While endless ages run.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
- Tune: St Fulbert
- Meter: CM
- Style: Victorian Hymn
- Composer: Henry John Gauntlett (1805 – 1876)
- Lyricist: St Fulbert of Chartres (952 – 1028)
- Translator: Robert Campbell (1814 – 1868)
- Church Year: Easter | Church Year: General
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2017 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.