Be Thou my Guardian and my guide – Lyrics
Be Thou my Guardian and my guide;
And hear me when I call;
Let not my slippery footsteps slide,
And hold me lest I fall.
The world, the flesh, and Satan dwell
Around the path I tread;
O, save me from the snares of hell,
Thou quickener of the dead.
And if I tempted am to sin,
And outward things are strong,
Do Thou, O Lord, keep watch within,
And save my soul from wrong.
Still let me ever watch and pray,
And feel that I am frail;
That if the tempter cross my way,
Yet he may not prevail.
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
- Tune: Abridge
- Meter: CM
- Style: Classical
- Church Year: General | Church Year: Trinity
- Composer: Isaac Smith (1734 – 1805)
- Lyricist: Isaac Williams (1802-1865) in Hymns on the Catechism 1842
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright © 2016 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.