Hymn – Thine be the glory – Lyrics
Thine is the glory, risen, conqu’ring Son;
Endless is the victory, Thou o’er death hast won;
Angels in bright raiment rolled the stone away,
Kept the folded grave clothes where Thy body lay.
Thine is the glory, risen conqu’ring Son,
Endless is the vict’ry, Thou o’er death hast won.
Lo! Jesus meets us, risen from the tomb;
Lovingly He greets us, scatters fear and gloom;
Let the church with gladness, hymns of triumph sing;
For her Lord now liveth, death hath lost its sting.
No more we doubt Thee, glorious Prince of life;
Life is naught without Thee; aid us in our strife;
Make us more than conqu’rors, through Thy deathless love:
Bring us safe through Jordan to Thy home above.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance Copyright ℗ belongs to Richard Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. Click Here to Download
- Verses: 3
- Tune: Maccabaeus
- Meter: 10 11 11 11
- Style: Baroque
- Church Year: Easter, General, Pentecost, Ascension
- Composer: Georg Friderich Händel 1685 – 1759)
- Descant arranger: Richard Mark Stephen Irwin
- Lyricist: Edmond Louis Budry (1685 – 1732)
- Translator: Richard Birch Hoyle (1875 – 1939)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2011 – 2016 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.