O God of Bethel, by whose hand – Lyrics
O God of Bethel, by Whose hand
Thy people still are fed,
Who through this weary pilgrimage
Hast all our fathers led.
Our vows, our prayers, we now present
Before Thy throne of grace;
God of our forebears, be the God
Of their succeeding race.
Through each mysterious path of life
Our wandering footsteps guide;
Give us each day our daily bread,
And raiment fit provide.
O spread Thy covering wings around
Till all our wanderings cease,
And at our Father’s loved abode
Our souls arrive in peace.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance Copyright ℗ belongs to Richard Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Martyrdom
- Meter: CM
- Style: Classical
- Composer: Hugh Wilson (1766 – 1824)
- Lyricist: Philip Doddridge (1702 – 1751) and Lyricist: John Logan (1748 – 1788)
- Usage: General, All Saints
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright © 2009 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.