New Every Morning Is The Love Lyrics
1. New every morning is the love
Our wak’ning and uprising prove;
Through sleep and darkness safely brought,
Restored to life and pow’r and thought.
2. New mercies, each returning day,
Hover around us while we pray;
New perils past, new sins forgiv’n
New thoughts of God, new hopes of heav’n.
3. If on our daily course our mind
Be set to hallow all we find,
New treasures still, of countless price,
God will provide for sacrifice.
4. The trivial round, the common task,
Will furnish all we ought to ask,
Room to deny ourselves,
A road to bring us daily nearer God.
5. Only, O Lord, in thy dear love
Fit us for perfect rest above;
And help us, this and ev’ry day,
To live more nearly as we pray.
Meter LM.. Lyrics by John Keble (1792 – 1866). Based on Lamentations 3:23. Public Domain.
Headingley ~ Recording
- Tune: Headingley composed by Ian D Lawrie. Copyright © Ian D Lawrie, used with permission.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
The music used in this recording is in copyright and a Licence has been obtained to create it. A Limited Online Music Licence (OLE-0000024421) has been obtained to allow you to download the music services for use in services of Divine Worship. Please Contact Us.
If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Buy a PDF Score
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music etc. Click Here.