My God, How Wonderful Thou Art – Lyrics
1. My God, how wonderful Thou art,
Thy majesty how bright;
How beautiful Thy mercy seat
In depths of burning light!
2. How dread are Thy eternal years,
O everlasting Lord,
By prostrate spirits day and night
3. How wonderful, how beautiful,
The sight of Thee must be;
Thy endless wisdom, boundless power,
And glorious purity!
4. O how I fear Thee, living God,
With deep and tender fear;
And worship Thee with trembling hope,
And penitential tears!
5. Yet, I may love Thee, too, O Lord,
Almighty as Thou art;
For Thou hast stooped to ask of me
The love of my poor heart!
6. No earthly father loves like Thee,
No mother, e’er so mild,
Bears and forbears as Thou hast done,
With me, Thy sinful child.
7. Father of Jesus, love’s Reward!
What rapture it will be
Prostrate before Thy throne to lie,
And gaze, and gaze on Thee!
Meter: CM. Lyricist: Frederick William Faber (1814 – 1863). Public Domain.
Westminster ~ Recording
- Tune: Westminster, composed by James Turle (1802 -1882). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2014 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Click Here to Download