Hymn – Lord of our life, and God of our salvation – Lyrics
Lord of our life and God of our salvation,
Star of our night and hope of ev’ry nation:
Hear and receive thy Church’s supplication,
Lord God Almighty.
Lord, Thou canst help when earthly armor faileth;
Lord, Thou canst save when deadly sin assaileth;
Christ, o’er Thy rock nor death nor hell prevaileth;
Grant us Thy peace, Lord.
Peace, in our hearts, our evil thoughts assuaging,
Peace, in Thy church, where people are engaging,
Peace, when the world its busy war is waging;
Calm thy foes raging!
Grant us Thy grace through trail and temptation;
Grant them Thy truth, thy promise of salvation;
Grant us thy peace in ev’ry heart and nation,
And in Thy heaven.
Quality MP3 Recording for Free DownloadThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance Copyright ℗ belongs to Richard Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Cloisters
- Meter: 11 11 11 5
- Style: Victorian Hymn
- Church Year, General, Lent, Passiontide, Trinity
- Composer: Joseph Barnby (1838 – 1899)
- Lyricist: Matthäus Apelles von Löwenstern (1594-1648)
- Translator: Philip Pusey (1799 -1855)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2018 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.