In the quiet consecration
Of this glad communion hour,
Here we rest in you, Lord Jesus,
Taste your love and touch your power.
Christ, the living bread from heaven,
Christ, whose blood is drink indeed,
Here by faith and with thanksgiving,
In our hearts on you we feed.
By your death for sin atoning,
By your resurrection life,
Hold us fast in joyful union;
Strengthen us to face the strife;
While in joyful holy radiance
Shines the feast that is to come
After conflict, toil, and testing
Your great feast of love and home!
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance Copyright ℗ belongs to Richard Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Volga, Volga mat’ rodnaya (Волга, Волга мать родная)
- Style: Traditional Russian
- Meter: 87 87
- Composer: Unknown
- Arranger: Richard M S Irwin (b. 1955)
- Lyricist: Constance Headlam Coote (1844 – 1936)
- Church Year: General, Communion
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance ℗ 2018 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.