Hymn – Fight the good fight – Lyrics
1. Fight the good fight with all thy might.
Christ is thy strength and Christ thy right.
Lay hold on life, and it shall be
thy joy and crown eternally.
2. Run the straight race through God’s good grace;
lift up thine eyes, and seek Christ’s face.
Life with its way before us lies;
Christ is the path, and Christ the prize.
3. Cast care aside; lean on thy guide.
God’s boundless mercy will provide.
Trust, and thy trusting soul shall prove
Christ is its life, and Christ its love.
4. Faint not nor fear: God’s arms are near.
God changeth not, and thou art dear.
Only believe, and thou shalt see
that Christ is all in all to thee.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. You may also use streaming and on-line services, if they are listed in the section below, to obtain as download of the recording. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Duke Street
- Meter: LM
- Church Year: General
- Composer: John Hatton (d. 1793)
- Lyricist: John Samuel Bewley Monsell (1811 – 1875)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2016 Richard M S Irwin, Certain rights reserved.