Hymn: Come, Holy Ghost, our hearts inspire – Lyrics
Come, Holy Ghost, our hearts inspire,
Let us Thine influence prove:
Source of the old prophetic fire,
Fountain of life and love.
Come, Holy Ghost, for moved by Thee,
The prophets wrote and spoke;
Unlock the truth, Thyself the key,
Unseal the sacred book.
Expand Thy wings, celestial Dove,
Brood o’er our nature’s night;
On our disordered spirits move,
And let there now be light.
God, through Himself, we then shall know
If Thou within us shine;
And sound, with all Thy saints below,
The depths of love divine.
Recording – Extract OnlyWe apologise that because of rules governing copyright means we cannot have a complete version of this hymn on our web site for download. Please Click Here to email us about a recording of this hymn. To use it you must have the appropriate CCLI Licences and use it only for Divine Worship.
- Tune: Crediton
- Meter: CM
- Style: Classical
- Church Year: Baptism of Christ Church Year: Pentecost
- Composer: Thomas Clark (1775 – 1859)
- Harmonised by: Martin Shaw (1875 – 1958)
- Lyricist: Charles Wesley (1707 – 1788)
- Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Harmonisation Copyright Oxford University Press
- Performances Copyright ℗ 2018 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved