Immortal Invisible God Only Wise : Lyrics
1. Immortal, invisible, God only wise,
in light inaccessible hid from our eyes,
most blessed, most glorious, the Ancient of Days,
almighty, victorious, thy great name we praise.
2. Unresting, unhasting, and silent as light,
nor wanting, nor wasting, thou rulest in might;
thy justice like mountains high soaring above
thy clouds which are fountains of goodness and love.
3. To all, life thou givest, to both great and small;
in all life thou livest, the true life of all;
we blossom and flourish as leaves on the tree,
and wither and perish, but naught changeth thee.
4. Thou reignest in glory; thou dwellest in light;
thine angels adore thee, all veiling their sight;
all laud we would render: O help us to see
’tis only the splendor of light hideth thee.
Immortal Invisible God Only Wise : Recording
- Tune: St Denio a traditional Welsh, hymn melody by an anonymous composer found in John Robert’s Canuadu y Cyssegr (1833).
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard M. S. Irwin. All rights reserved
Immortal Invisible God Only Wise : Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music etc. Click Here.
Available from MobileHymns.org
Lectionary and Other Uses
- Holy Week Monday
- Trinity Sunday
- Year A Christmas 1
- Year A Proper 14, Ordinary 19, Trinity 9
- Year B Advent 1
- Year B Proper 27, Ordinary 32, Trinity 23
- Year B Proper 9, Ordinary 14, Trinity 5
- Year C Easter 6
- Year C Epiphany 7
- Year C Epiphany Transfiguration Sunday, Next Before Lent
- Year C Proper 19, Ordinary 24, Trinity 23
- Year C Proper 29, Ordinary 34, Trinity 33