Hark A Herald Voice Is Calling Lyrics
1. Hark a herald voice is calling:
‘Christ is nigh,’ it seems to say;
‘Cast away the dreams of darkness,
O ye children of the day!’
2. Startled at the solemn warning,
Let the earth-bound soul arise;
Christ, her Sun, all sloth dispelling,
Shines upon the morning skies.
3. Lo! the Lamb, so long expected,
Comes with pardon down from heaven;
Let us haste, with tears of sorrow,
One and all to be forgiven;
4. So when next he comes with glory,
Wrapping all the earth in fear,
May he then as our defender
Of the clouds of heaven appear.
5. Honour, glory, virtue, merit,
To the Father and the Son,
With the co-eternal Spirit,
While unending ages run.
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1
- Tune: Merton, composed by William Henry Monk (1823 – 1889). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2019 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900058
A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin’s album – From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1 which can be found on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.