1. The advent of our King
Our prayers must now employ,
And we must hymns of welcome sing
In strains of holy joy.
2. The everlasting Son
Incarnate deigns to be;
Himself a servant’s form puts on
To set His servants free.
3. O Zion’s Daughter, rise
To meet thy lowly King,
Nor let thy faithless heart despise
The peace He comes to bring.
4. As Judge, on clouds of light,
He soon will come again
And His true members all unite
With Him in heaven to reign.
5. All glory to the Son,
Who comes to set us free,
With Father, Spirit, ever One,
Through all eternity.
To simplify issues with Copyright, we have had to start using various on-line delivery services for some hymns. A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin's album - From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1 which can be found on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.
Click Here to Download
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1
- Tune: Franconia
- Meter: SM
- Style: Baroque, Hymn
- Composer: Unknown From Hymnal: Harmonischer Liederschatz (1738)
- Lyricist: Charles Coffin (1676 – 1749)
- Translator: John Chandler (1806 – 1876)
- Church Year: Advent
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.