1. Saviour, again to your dear name we raise
with one accord our parting hymn of praise.
We give you thanks before our worship cease,
and now departing, wait your word of peace.
2. Grant us your peace upon our homeward way;
with you began, with you shall end the day.
Guard now the lips from sin, the hearts from shame,
that in this house have called upon your name.
3. Grant us your peace, Lord, through the coming night;
turn all our darkness to your perfect light.
Then, while we sleep, our hope and strength renew,
for dark and light are both alike to you.
4. Grant us your peace throughout our earthly life
comfort in sorrow, courage in the strife.
Then when your voice shall make our conflict cease,
call us, O Lord, to your eternal peace.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. The track may also be found on various online music systems, which can be used for downloads if they are listed in the section below. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Ellers
- Verses: 4
- Meter: 10 10 10 10
- Church Year: General, Evensong
- Composer: Edward John Hopkins (1818 – 1901)
- Lyricist: John Ellerton (1826 – 1893)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2018 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.