- Tune: I have House and Land in Kent
- Meter: 88 78 78
- Style: Early Stuart
- Composer: Thomas Ravenscroft (c. 1582 – 1635) arranger: Richard Mark Stephen Irwin (b. 1955)
- Lyricist: Brian L. Penney
- Church Year: Epiphany Church Year: General
- Music Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2016 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.You can download the free MP3
Hymns – Awake My Soul – Lyrics
Repeat last two lines each verse
Awake my soul, an offʼring bring,
To Jesus our exalted King;
Sing to Him Who reigns above,
Incarnate fount of grace and love.
In awe we stand upon this ground,
His wisdom and His powʼr astound;
All His glories we behold,
In heavʼn and earth His storyʼs told.
Then to this world, Heʼs shown His grace,
He came to rescue Adamʼs race;
Our Redeemer, our High Priest,
From sin and death to bring release.
Awake my soul, arise and sing,
Eternal praise to Christ our King;
In His Church, His name confessed,
We worship Him among the blessed.