Hymn – And did those feet in ancient time – Lyrics
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England’s mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen!
And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?
Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold:
Bring me my Chariot of fire!
I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In England’s green and pleasant Land.
Also see version for OrchestraTo simplify issues with Copyright, we have had to start using various on-line delivery services for some hymns. Spotify is available on either a free or low cost subscription basis, other services will charge a small fee for the download, but you can keep and reuse the recordings, which are available from Amazon, Google Music, iTunes and Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.
Video from Wedding Songs Vol. 1
- Album: Wedding Songs - Vol 1
- Tune: Jerusalem
- Meter: DLM
- Style: Early 20th Century
- Church Year: Remembrance Sunday, Church Year: Weddings
- Composer: Charles Hubert Hastings Parry (1848 – 1918)
- Lyricist: William Blake (1757 – 1827)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2014 Richard M S Irwin Certain rights reserved.